Mathematics is a key life skill ~ it is beneficial to children if they develop a love of numbers and the mathematical system whilst in their childhood. Children need opportunities to meet mathematical challenges in different settings in order to develop the skills they need to tackle every day mathematical problems and challenges and in order to apply their knowledge to a multitude of situations.
- Mathematics taught in this school will fulfill all the requirements of the New National Curriculum.
- At the same time we aim to cultivate an enjoyment of and pleasure in mathematics
At Wansdyke we aim to enable pupils to:
- Develop a positive attitude towards mathematics
- Have the confidence to take risks
- Communicate mathematically
- Have a willingness to check and refine their work
- Appreciate the use and relevance of mathematics in everyday situations