Ethos and Values
At Wansdyke, we will endeavour to be:
- Provide an inspirational curriculum for all our pupils.
- Provide Knowledge, skills and experiences which will be remembered.
- Ignite passion, excitement and a love of learning for our pupils,through our curriculum content.
- Teach children tolerance, respectand celebrateall forms of difference.
- Allow children to workcooperatively with a range of different pupilsin the school.
- Teach children to understandand enact thefundamental British values.
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to develop and grow, taking into account individual needs.
- Provide a safe, happy and caring environmentwhere children are treated fairly.
- Teach children about how to stay physically and mentally healthy, including forming healthy relationships through PSHE and RSE.
- Educating children about how we can better care for our local environment and the world.
- Explain to children about the importance of charity, communityand helping each other.
- Educate children to value mistakes and see them as an opportunity to improve.
- Provide feedback to our pupils to help them develop and learn.
- Listen to pupil’s views and concerns,and act upon these.
- Ensure success in mastering the knowledge and skills in academic subjects within the curriculum.
- Provide success for pupils in mastering increasingly complex knowledge and skills within creative subjects.
- Develop a positive attitude to school and learningin all our learners.
- Always recognise and reward hard work, effort and achievement inall our pupils.
- Help children to develop initiative, helping themsolve problems on their own.
- Help children assess and take appropriate risks.
- Provide children with life skills essential for their future.
- Enable pupils to overcome adversity and develop grit.
- Foster a high level of self-esteem and self-confidencein all our pupils.
- To teach our pupils to embrace and relish challenge and struggle.
- Pupils develop their own informed thoughts and opinions on moral issues, with a strong sense of what is right, what is fair and what is just.
- Provide the skills for pupils to be successful communicators and learners.
- Support pupils to develop their own personal interests and talents.
- Become active and positive members of our community and wider society.
- Prepare children with the skills, including technology, necessary in their future.