School Uniform and Presentation
It is the policy of the school that all children are expected to wear school
uniform and look smart from the moment they arrive at school. Uniform helps to develop a sense of identity and equality between children and reinforces the high expectations we have in the school.
- The children wear red jumpers/cardigans, with a white polo shirt and grey trousers or skirt.
- Girls should have red or grey tights. Plain black shoes, or black boots in the winter –
neither should have a heel. Children should not wear trainers except for P.E. or specific medical reasons.
- In the summer boys can wear grey shorts and polo shirts and the girls can wear red gingham summer dresses. Boys can wear dark coloured sandals and girls can wear white sandals. Please ensure hair accessories are understated and match the uniform colours.
- For PE, children wear black shorts and a plain, round necked, coloured T-shirt, in the house colour as allocated when the child starts school, with trainers or plimsolls for outside.
- In the winter, they can wear a plain sports jumper either black, or in the colour of their house and plain black leggings or tracksuit bottoms. When playing team sports, such as tag rugby or hockey, shin guards are available or they can be brought from home.
Hair and nails
- Children should have an appropriate haircut.
- These should not include tram lines, patterns or areas where hair has been excessively shaved. Long hair should be tied back. Children should not come to school with painted nails.
- We prefer children not to wear jewellery. Earrings should be a small plain stud or sleeper. Children need to be able to remove jewellery for PE or they will be taped over to prevent injury.
- Valuable items should not be brought to school. If they are, they must be given to the teacher to take care of. The school does not accept responsibility for valuable items that are in children's possession.
Uniform is available from Scholars in the Little Brittox, Devizes or you can order online from:
Please clearly mark all items of school uniform with your child’s name. We cannot be responsible for lost items.