In November 2021 we were inspected by Ofsted and are delighted that we successfully retained our ‘Good’ rating.
Here are some comments from the report:
- Pupils flourish personally and academically a this happy and friendly school.
- [Pupils] say that ‘we make anyone feel welcome’ regardless of difference. Pupils, including those in the specialist resource base ‘Rainbow’, feel safe and enjoy belonging to Wansdyke School.
- Leaders have put together a purposeful and engaging curriculum. Staff skilfully make connections between subjects to help pupils have a better understanding of what they learn.
- Leaders have worked successfully to develop a curriculum that is ambitious for all pupils.
- Teachers break learning down into small manageable steps, so that all pupils can succeed. They revisit prior learning to help pupils remember more as they move through the school.
- Leaders include pupils with special educational needs and/ or disabilities in all aspects of school life. They have a precise understanding of pupils with the most complex needs.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are strong. Pupils have positive attitudes and want to learn. This means that classrooms are calm and purposeful places.
- Leaders provide frequent opportunities to develop pupils as responsible young citizens. Pupils play an active role in raising money for charities and help organise fundraising events.
- Leaders weave the concepts of equality and acceptance in all they do… pupils say this inspires them to follow their dreams.
- Leaders have created a strong culture of safeguarding. They ensure that all staff understand their role in keeping pupils safe.
You can also view what our parents say about us by visiting the OFSTED Parent View website, if you are a parent you can also give your views.