Our School Motto is:
Working together, playing together, learning to be the best we can.
At Wansdyke School all of us are fully committed to ensuring our motto is a reality.
Although this is a collective responsibility, achieved by school involving home and the child, we recognise that having staff outside those directly involved in class is important.
As a result we have created a Vulnerable Learners Team, made up of the following people:
- Hannah Knight – SENCo and Complex Needs Resource Base Manager
- Paul Sullivan - Pupil Premium Governor
- Charlotte Robinson – Headteacher
- Sam Heard – Deputy Headteacher
Vulnerable learners could be any child, either for a one-off point, a particular period or their entire time at school.
Pupils in the following categories will always be considered potentially vulnerable:
- Looked-after children (LAC)
- Pupils on the SEND register
- Pupil Premium children – those ‘Ever 6’ in receipt of Free School Meals
- Children who have emotional / behavioural difficulties, including historical trauma or mental health issues
- Pupils At Risk Of Underachieving (in core subjects) – identified at Pupil Progress meetings
- Pupils who have attendance issues – below 85% (unless identified issues/circumstances)
The team work together to provide the additional support which vulnerable learners may require in order to achieve results that are in line with other children and young people.